Review: Tara Fuller's DESCENT

I will be review-rambl-ing about Tara Fuller's final book Descent in her Kissed by Death series. 

About Descent by Tara Fuller:

He'll destroy everything and everyone to save her including himself.

Easton doesn't believe in love. He believes in death. Darkness. Sin. As a reaper for Hell, it¹s all he's known for more than four hundred years. So when he gets slapped with the job of training the boss's daughter, an angel that knows nothing but joy, he knows he's in for a world of trouble.

Though he's made it clear he wants nothing to do with her outside of work, Gwen will do whatever it takes to get close to the dark and wounded reaper even taint her angelic image and become a reaper herself. But in all her planning, she forgot to factor in one thing how far the demons Easton doomed to Hell will go for revenge.

When the dangers of the Hell threaten Gwen, Easton will destroy everything and everyone to save her. But as the darkness closes in, will he be able to save himself?

____________________________________

I was lucky enough to get this early release review copy for the final book in the Kissed by Death series. So, I haven't really read the first two books. I always wanted to start on with it but never got round to it. I shouldn't have read this book but I read it anyway and I am glad I didn't suffer much from the not knowing what happened previously.

I am quite surprised by how much I liked this instalment. If I had read the earlier books I think I would have been crazy dying to read this final chapter. I really loved the descriptive scenes about the whole reaper business and soul deliveries and all those punishments. I also found it to be darker than I thought it would be. And I loved it for the harshness. 

I loved the writing that is for sure. And also the characters. I got to like Easton and he is apparently a beloved bad boy from the previous books. And I think I will someday read the first two books cos I don't think I got that spoiled about the characters. Like I got the final chapter but I am quite fine cos I don't really know how it all led to this final chapter. *winks* So what I really wanted to say was I would like to know how Easton got this beloved. And so I will read the first two books.

Okay, so Gwen was quite sweet and whatnot but I guess Easton is my fav character from the duo. I loved the duo together but if I had to choose I would go for Easton.. xP This book was told in dual POV and I loved both of their narrations for sure. But Easton, my man. Haha.

And I loved that this was a relationship between a reaper and an angel. Tehehe. 

I read this in a week cos I was sick or I would have  read it in a day or two.  As I was quite hooked and loved the pacing and [Gwen's transition into a human form (you will understand what I mean by this weird thingy after reading :p)] and what not. 

So I definitely enjoyed this book and I am sure all the fans for the first two books will dig it more. Cos well, not having read the first two books I could have felt lost and what not and not really like it. And I will stop rambling now. You know what I am trying to say. ''/

You will definitely love it. I hope. *winks*

For the suspense, perfect world building, fantastic descriptions and top notch writing. Read this book. ;) As I think it can be read a stand alone cos of different protagonists each book obvi. :p

Teaser:
(I would like to know this story. Goodness.)
Rating:
I would like to thank Entangled Publishing for this review opportunity.  

Descent comes out June 2nd. Be sure to get your copies. ;)

Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts