Monthly Wrap-Up #29

A month has passed already. These are the books I read in January. 
I managed to read all the books in my TBR except
 The Iron-Jawed Boy (Guardia...Dorothy Must Die by Danielle  Paige...

I didn't even start Dorothy as for The Iron Jawed Boy I am on chapter 4 or 5.

Finally read the last book, Catalyst, in the Insignia Trilogy. It was mighty good. A bit sad. I will be reviewing it soon.

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
Catalyst by S.J. KincaidStitching Snow was an interesting read and I liked this retelling on Snow White. There have been talks that this is a rip-off of Cinder. But I didn't think so. It was sci-fi and furturistic and all that and the girl does save this guy and they fall in love but everything else is different. Like I didn't get Cinder vibes. It felt like its own story.
Warm Up by V.E. Schwab
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness

Also, read two short stories by Victoria Schwab in her Vicious and The Archived world. Both were a blast to read. The only problem, they were short. Tehe.

Also, completed the All The Souls Trilogy by reading the last book, The Book of Life this past month. It was good but I think I got a bit bored. It felt stretched out too like the first book. I might be doing a full review.. Gave it 4 stars.

I successfully re-read the HP books by finishing the last book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling this January. I am happy to say the #HPReReadFest has come to an end. I had a blast.
 Fish Out of Water by Natalie Whipple was cute. I will be posting my review tomorrow hopefully. It comes out Feb 5. Gave it 3 stars. 
Finally read Heartlines by S.G. Holster and um, it was -- well, I was glad when I finished it. I will be reviewing it- a mini review at that. 
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins was a spontaneous read whilst taking a break form Red Rising. It was fun. This book. Will be reviewing it this month. Gave it a four.  Red Rising by Pierce Brown was tough half way through so I took my time reading it then at the end I took another break. Will be reviewing this too. Gave this one a 3.5. My first ever Courtney Cole novel, Nocte by Courtney Cole wasn't bad. It was made out to be too dark but it wasn't. Might review this one. Gave it 3 stars.


Reviewed Titles:
Warm Up (mini review)
Leave the Window Open (mini review)

Nocte (might do a full review. but these two things made me give it a three. :p)

Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts