Review: Sarah Brownlee's How The Wolf Lost Her Heart


Set against the backdrop of a dystopian London where thugs and criminals run rife, Skye Archer possesses a rare gift, the ability to transform into her spirit animal at will.
Widely regarding her morphing ability as a curse, Skye's aim is to keep it a secret at all costs. But one day she meets the intriguing and affluent, Raphael Renzo, who soon proves to have a secret of his own, one that could heal the downtrodden city and affect Skye in ways she never thought possible...

This debut novel from author, Sarah Brownlee, is a compelling and gripping read, taking the reader into a world where both the heart of a city and the heart of a girl are simultaneously pierced by one man.

_________________________________

I was approached by the author to review this book and I jumped on to read it. I only saw it was about morphers and that had me excited.

What I liked...

1. The beginning- the descriptions about the world.. it was like I was listening to a story around a bonfire.
2. The plot - I am 50-50 about the plot.
3. The twins - Raphael's brother's were a fine addition. 50-50 about them as well.
4. The paintings

Didn't like...
1. The romance - I got that insta-vibe. Dunno.
2. The characters - especially Skye. God. Didn't like her inner monologue at all. And all the time she spent worrying about Raphael. Then I didn't really like her friend, either. As for Raphael, well he didn't really do anything to make me like him. LOL.
3. The change from calling Raphael boy and then man - This had me so annoyed.
4. The cover - Well, it goes with the storyline and everything but I dunno I don't like the tiger and the wolf on the cover.

I fell like this would have been a good book with a good story if it had been executed well. I felt some of the connection of reader-to-bookworld and reader-to-characters to be a bit off.

Soo, I gave this book a three on goodreads but really I think this was okay for me so I am giving it a two star rating. As I took my time with this book taking breaks by reading other books and finishing them. And still not really liking this one. It can say a lot about my feelings for this book.

My Rating:  


Thanks to the author for providing me with this review copy.


P.S. I've been meaning to post this review for such a long time but haven't been able to. :/

Popular Posts