Series Favorites’ | 2014



2014 has been a great year regarding the series. I got to read and explore many worlds. These were my top series for the year. (In no particular order.)

Blood Shadows (Blackthorn, #1)Blood Roses (Blackthorn, #2)Blood Torn (Blackthorn, #3)Blood Deep (Blackthorn, #4)
  1. The Blackthorn Series by Lindsay J. Pryor: You guys already know how I fell in love with Ms. Pryor’s finely crafted world. There are to be four more books in the series and I am ecstatic over that fact. I don’t think I have read such a finely executed dark PNR world before. I absolutely fell in love with it and its characters. Reviewed here and here.
    Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  2. The Hourglass Trilogy by Myra McEntire: Absolutely good. I devoured this trilogy when I marathon-ed them this summer. Can’t wait to read more form Ms. McEntire. Reviewed here.
    Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  3. The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Mass: Although only 3 books have been released so far. This series is turning out to be a mighty great ride. I am soo eager to know how Ms. Mass is going to reveal more characters and her dangerous fae world. Really want to review these books. But haven't gotten round to it. Someday soon.
    Oath Bound by Rachel VincentShadow Bound by Rachel VincentBlood Bound by Rachel Vincent
  4. The Unbound Trilogy by Rachel Vincent: Ooh I have read all of her series now and I have enjoyed each and every one of them. This series was no different. Reviewed here.
    Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1)Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2)Monsters (Ashes Trilogy, #3)
  5. TheAshes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick: Loved this different zombie take. I read the last two books this year and absolutely loved getting back into the Ms. Bick’s head. Loved how our world was exploded with the multiple perspectives. Reviewed here, here and here.


Other Worthy Mentions: (All of these had something in the last book that I didn’t really like. They felt unnecessary in my opinion. Teeheh.)
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)Sisters' Fate by Jessica Spotswood
  1. The Darkest Minds Trilogy: Was it really necessary to kill him off? :( I get that it was the major push Ruby needed but really…?? :/  I did enjoy the trilogy when it lasted. A potentially great one.
  2.  The Cahill Witch Chronicles: I loved this witchy tale. It kept me engrossed and I loved Finn. Really digged the ending to the first two books.
    Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)
  3. The Shadow and Bone Trilogy: Hmm, I thought the last book to be a bit rushed. And I like a certain prince and so… :-D
  4. The Mara Dyer Trilogy: The last book brought the trilogy down for me. But I can’t forget how good the first two books were so this makes it into ze list.  I want to do a mini-review for this book someday. Will talk more then. D:
   So, which series made it into your favorites? 

   Happy New Year!!
   Happy Reading.


Popular Posts