Monthly Wrap-Up #22

I know I know I am late with the June wrap-up. Life keeps happening. D: I read 25 books. There were many books that I only liked okay. Scroll down to see what my reading month entailed. I read other volumes of the Teen Titan comics before Maynded so I am just going to pass them 

Total no. of books read: 25 (1 comic book)
Assigned TBR books: 3
Finished series: 1
Started new series: 6
The next in series: 3
Other(s): 12

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. MartinWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Rated: 
I finally finished the third book in the Song of Ice and Fire series and it was epic. I finished this just in time for the season 4 finale. Although I was a little put down with ending. That's why i don't like having the book if there is a TV show or movie. One gets sad with the changed things. Anyway, I still loved the season finale. I love this series. Both the TV show and the books obvi. D:

I freaking loved Huntley Fitzpatrick's WITWT. Gah. It isn't your normal contemporary book. I am in love with Ms. Fitzpatrick because of these two books she has written. I talked about these books previously on the blog.  


Blood Shadows by Lindsay J. PryorBlood Torn by Lindsay J. PryorBlood Roses by Lindsay J. Pryor
Forbidden by Tabitha SuzumaDon't Look Back by Jennifer L. ArmentroutWhere Things Come Back by John Corey WhaleyDangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia

Rated:
I loved these books. These had superb writing and world building in the case of the Blackthorn series. My last post for June was my review for this series. And the author gave me a shoutout on her facebook page as well. Eeep. Love these books.

Forbidden was such a crazy sad book. I loved Ms. Suzuma's writing. One sad book. The helplessness that Lochan felt. Gah. I couldn't stop thinking about this book once I was done with it. And that ending. Why? 

Don't Look Back was an amazing thriller from the beloved Jennifer L. Armentrout. You should get on this one if you still haven't.

Where Things Come Back was awesome. I loved that ending. Before that I was a little confused and totally finding it bizarre and was deliberating about giving it a three star rating. This book was completely different from what I was expecting and I am going to be read more from Mr. Whaley. I can't really explain this book- it's one of those books you have to read for yourself to really know and appreciate it. 

I had to read Dangerous Creatures because its a spin-off on Ridley and Link from the previous Caster Chronicles. I got bored during this book. I liked the last few chapters. 

The Fall of Five by Pittacus LoreBurn for Burn by Jenny Han#scandal by Sarah OcklerThe Fear Trials by Lindsay CummingsJust a Little Promise by Tracie PuckettJust Like Fate by Cat PatrickStardrop by Mark Oakley
Rated:
These were given three stars for either the world (The Fear Trials), the ending (Burn For Burn, Just Like Fate), or they were a let down form the previous book (The Fall of Five), or were better than the previous book (Just A Little Promise). At least story wise for these two. Also, harsh reality (#Scandal). The comic Star Drop was funny. I enjoyed it. 
wtf by Peter LerangisThe Unidentified Redhead by Alice ClaytonBe with Me by J. LynnThe Passion of Patrick MacNeill by Virginia KantraDescent by Kallie RossMaine Squeeze by Catherine ClarkLetting Ana Go by AnonymousOnly Everything by Kieran ScottHoney, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
Rated:

These failed to impress me. They were either a bore or just not for me.

These are the titles I have reviewed already.
Just Like Fate (One line thought XP)

That's it.
Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts