Yearly Favorites (Books)


It's that time of the year. I still have many a books to read for this month but the year is getting to a close. Before time runs out (I get busy) I thought I better have this post up. 
Last year, I did my series favorites in the same post but this time I want to do another post for it. Ehehe.
These are the books that I read this year and I love(d) them. I discovered new authors this year around, started new series, followed the characters journey in the already started series, finished series, said goodbye to some of the characters from the beloved series, said hello to new characters in series... and the list goes on.

My love(s) (in no particular order)

Everbound by Brodi Ashton
Everneath made it into my faves last year and this year its sequel made another impact on me. This sequel was surprisingly brutal with an awesome twist. The ending was unbelievably tormenting. Hahah. I can't wait for the final book. I read this fabulous thing earlier in the year in February, to be exact. So you can't imagine how hard I have to wait for the final book.

My Rating:

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey
It's no surprise, Demon Eyes, sequel to Witch Eyes made into this year's fav books cos, well, it was an awesome sequel more fab like the first. I read this in April, I believe.

My Rating:


Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
I read the Wicked Lovely series this year and the series got interesting for me or when I seriously didn't fell bad about my purchase for this particular series after reading the third installment. This book was amazing. I loved it. I loved reading Seth's take on everything. I read this one in June.
My Rating:

Prodigy by Marie Lu
This trilogy also ended this year and luckily I read it alongside every other Legend fan. Out of the trinity, I love Prodigy the best. Read my thoughts, here. I read this baby back in March.
My Rating:

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My fav book from the trilogy. I loved the craziness in this book. I kinda got angry at Tobias in this book. I imagined the cast while reading this book and I think they have done a fab job with the casting. xP I can't wait for the movie.

My Rating:

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
I was blown away by this book. And the journey was made more memorable by Will Patton's narration. Just fab. Read this for the summer booktube-a-thon.

My Rating:

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
I was blown away by this book back in January. I made my siter read these books. She has already read the sequel whereas I haven't. Lol. I will most prolly read it in January next year. I love Jared.

My Rating:


Everyday by David Levithan
Oh, I soo loved this book. It was sooo sweet and heartbreaking. The ending was open which was frustrating. If I say I want to read more about A, will it possible?

My Rating:

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
When I first read Shatter ME back in 2012 I hadn't really decided which guy to root for. But when I read Unravel Me, I fell in love with Warner. I am all the way rooting for Warner. I read Alex's book this month and um, I didn't like him. Can't wait for Ignite Me.

My Rating:

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
This book was an eye-opener for me in the sense of syrena's. LOL. I liked the humor in this. It is an easy read with a good storyline. I am reading the second book but have it on-hold cos of apparent reasons.

My Rating:

Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Forman made me fall in love with her back with her If I Stay books. And htis year, I fell in love with Just One Day. I didn't like the companion novel this time but nonetheless, Forman is an author to watch out for.

My Rating:

Splintered by A.G. Howard
This was such a great future retelling of Alice in the OWnderland. I loved how the whole story was dealt with. I freaking love Jeb. Can't wait for Unhinged.

My Rating:

The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
At first I only liked the present setting but then when in the historical walk down the memory lane, Anna went to live as the mistress did the whole book start getting interesting for me. I will be reading future works by this author-- liked the writing style.

My Rating:

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
This book was a pleasant surprise. I liked this take on the romance between a witch and a vamp. The only thing I didn't like was how it was stretched. It should have been a little less lengthy.

My Rating:

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I loved this installment so much more than Cinder. Scarlet was feisty and Wolf was a genius recreation. Amazing series.

My Rating:

Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Loved this installment and loved how the whole trilogy was packed off.

My Rating:


Some new series, some series enders, some sequels- they were all amazing books and they left me wanting for more.


Other Worthy Mentions



Will Grayson Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green
Eleven Minutes by Megan Miranda
Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell
I loved Fracture when I read it last year and somehow had missed the tie-in short story. It was intense. I gave it five stars.
Will Grayson and Fan Girl were really good. I enjoyed reading them.

My Rating:

Ink by Amanda Sun
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
These two books had me anxious. They were fast-paced (TDM was- don't remember if ink was or not ;)) ANd they left me wanting the next books in the series. I am thinking about giving TDM five stars. Hmm. Never mind.

My Rating:


The Storm Warning by E. Lee and C. Quinn
Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
The latter two books were hilarious reads. I loved them. I reaallly enjoyed them. The former book was interesting and the last couple of chaps were just fab. They were deal breakers.

My Rating:
Untethered by Katie Hayoz
Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford
These books were awesome. They were funny. Both were realistic. Untethered got four stars whereas Carter got four.

My Rating:

The books in the OWM section are the ones that made me laugh, and/or surprised me, or were written amazingly and/or were just intense and/or made me new shippers. 

What books made it into your favorites this year?????

Toodles.
Happy Reading.

Popular Posts