Review: David Levithan's ANOTHER DAY

Another Day by David LevithanThe only reason I gave this four stars is because of how sad it was seeing Rhiannon and Justin together. Those bits were tough and I wanted to shake Rhiannon and ask her why would she stick with a guy like him and accommodate him? I know there must have been something but I failed to understand her. It was really sad and frustrating during those scenes.


What I liked about Every Day was A and this whole ordeal- the mystery as to how this all came out to be.. And I liked this book for A as well. He wasn't too much in this book but man, I really like him.

I read this book way back and don't really remember how it all was so I can't really say how different in feeling were those scenes (this time from Rhiannon's POV) I liked them nonetheless.. I mean as in the reactions through someone else's eyes. But I think I really liked Rhiannon because of A. But here, being in her head was a-okay but I still liked A's version. Or I dunno. Can't really explain. I didn't really see Rhiannon ever telling this story. So there's that.

I loved the ending. The ending to Every Day left me speechless and just in awe. The ending here gave me the feeling of resoluteness and just.. smh..

I don't want a sequel really cos I have this whole image and i don't want to ruin that. I am satisfied with things as it is. Like I said, here. I am curious, I won't lie but really sometimes there just isn't any need to know what comes next.

And I think Every Day was still the best out of these companion books because A is fab. Every Day made me feel things I didn't think I could. And I can't really describe them. It was good to see A again cos I don't think I could ever have re-read Every Day (there are some books that are so timeless you just want them to live in your brain and have that one time experience with them) so seeing A again was great. :)

Teaser:
“I'm just wondering why people stay together," I say. "Why they connect in the first place, and what keeps that connection is strong. I want it to be all things inside---who you are, 
what you believe. But what if the things on the outside are just as important? When I was little, I was always worried I'd fall in love with someone ugly. Like Shrek. Then I figured that love would make anyone beautiful to me, if I love them enough. I want to believe that. I want to believe that you can love someone so strongly that none of it will matter. But what if it does?” 
Rating:

Thanks to NetGalley and Random House Kids for this ARC.

Another Day comes out August 25th.

Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts