Favorite Books | 2015


These books melted my heart and/or were flipping good. In no particular order I present to you my favorite books for year 2015...

The Non-Contemporaries:
  1. Menagerie: I have read every series by Rachel Vincent and I have yet to be disappointed by her works. This first instalment in an utterly different and semi creepy weird yet intense world was one hell of an introduction to her new adult series. I don't think I have reviewed this one yet.. One of the those I will be reviewing asap. But this book has become the second circus book (The Night Circus being the first one) that I have thoroughly enjoyed and marvelled at. My rating:
  2. Stitching Snow: I was really surprised by how much I liked this futuristic snow white retelling.. Definitely good and I love that it ended with one book.Haven't really reviewed it. You should experience it for yourself. IT is nothing like Cinder if you'r worried about that. Rating:
  3. Blood Dark:An awesome instalment in an already awesome series. I still have to freaking review it.. And I suck and this world rocks.. This series is one of my favourites and the best series out there. GahRating:
  4. Black Collar Queen: This foray into the mafia world has had me in its grasp since the first book.. This instalment was bloody brilliant like its predecessors.. Mafia isnt really my thing but this book has made me open my eyes to it a little..Ze review. Ze rating:
  5. Illuminae: This crazy book about a computer going mad was brillaintly told.. It was the way it was formatted that made the whole experience unique and bloody awesome..Read my thoughts, here. Me rating:
  6. The Forgotten Mountain: This third instalment in the flipping amazing retelling of Alice in Wonderland turned things over after that really shocking and jaw-dropping ending.. Cant wait to see how things end in the last book. My Review. My Rating:
  7. Blue Lily, Lily Blue: Even though it still seems like not a lot happened in this book but when you think about it, a lot did.. I love where things are going with this one.. Love the gang. Love Maggie's writing.. A must series to follow..Review.. Rating:
  8. ACOTAR: A Beauty and the Beast retelling set in the fae world, made me love the second half more due to a certain someone and also the intense scenes. CAn't wait for Book 2 coming out this year. My review.. My Rating:
  9. Fairest: I wasn't really excited for this book but then after I read Cress, I had to fill the void left behind by the Lunar world and so gave this one a read. I am glad to say I seriously loved this book. I loved it for its rawness, its cruelty, its attention gripping  storytelling.. Made me all the more excited for Winter what I have already started reading.. 😆 My Review.. My Rating: 
Fairest by Marissa MeyerBlack Collar Queen by A.N. LatroThe Forgotten Mountain by Heather LyonsA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasBlue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie StiefvaterMenagerie by Rachel VincentIlluminae by Amie KaufmanStitching Snow by R.C. LewisBlood Dark by Lindsay J. Pryor

The Contemporaries:
  1. Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda: This book right from the start had me in it's grip.. It was hilariously sweet, unique and soo flipping cute. Another contemporary I enjoyed this year.. Le review.. Le rating:
  2. Everything, Everything: Another cute contemporary about a girl who hasn't stepped outside since being diagnosed with a very rare disease and how she found her first love. I really enjoyed this debut read as well.. My Review.. Le Rating: 
  3. Everything I Never Told You: This book was so heartbreaking and so bloody brilliant. I loved the writing and the story-telling in this debut read. I am a huge fan of Celeste now and will be reading more adult fiction in the coming year. I did review this magnificent book, here. My Rating: 
  4. All The Bright Places: This book got a lot of love and hate. Hate being the more prominent after all that fame. For me, this book obviously got a lot of love. I literally loved this book for it's painfulness and truthfulness and heartbreaking moments.. Another book that made me cry this year.. My Rating:  
  5. The One Thing: This cute, refreshing story about the friendship between a seventeen and a ten year old was so breathtakingly fun and sweet. I literally enjoyed this book a lot.. My review can be found, here.. My Rating:
  6. Sweet Girl: How can I not talk about the second book in my favourites for the year. Rachel Hollis has become my go-to adult contemporary/chic-lit author now And I am sooo anticipating the third and final book in this (companion) book trilogy.. Le review. My Rating:
  7. The Boy Most Likely To: How can I not mention Fitzpatrick in my favorites I love her books.. Tis book was no different.. I felt this was a b it stretched otherwise I freaking loved it.. GR Thoughts. Ze Rating:
  8. The Fill-in Boyfriend: Another fav contemporary author. I enjoyed this one as well with some parts that did annoy me. Dealt with a major issue i our society that I did agree with. Thoughts...Rating:
The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley FitzpatrickSweet Girl by Rachel HollisThe Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie WestSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky AlbertalliThe One Thing by Marci Lyn CurtisEverything I Never Told You by Celeste NgAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenEverything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

What books made it into your favorites???

Toodles...
xo.
post signature

Popular Posts