Review: Rachel Hollis' SWEET GIRL

 Oh my god, I absolutely loved this book. And I for sure fell in love with Rachel Hollis more than I already was. Gah. Gah. Gah. 


Sweet Girl by Rachel Hollis Sweet Girl centers around Max, Landon's room-mate and her boyfriend's sister. *winks* We glimpsed Max back in Party Girl back in February of 2014. Read my review for it, here. And she is one moody, sassy girl. I really liked her then and I fell in love with her after reading her book.


We get to find out why Max is all moody which was a bit of a surprise cos I like the way Max is actually and knowing she became that way cos of something so sad and unfair.:-( Anyway, I am glad she got her happy ending and I seriously loved her love for baking and I loved Taylor. And their friendship which then turned into more than friendship. *swoons*And I loved Miko and Liam and Landon and Brandon. Gah.

This book was fun and I love Rachel for giving us another sweet, loving and fun book. I can't wait for Miko's book now. Cos I know it will be one of my favorite books for next year. Tehe.

I was so giddy while reading the book and I will sing my love for Rachel and this book if you ask me what I thought of it. Just.Read.It.

If you want chic-lits and/or sweet contemporary's with loveable and relateable characters. Aka light reads aka a nice fun happy hour or two after a long day... This is a book for you..

These can be read as stand-alone's but I would recommend reading the first book as that's where it all started. :-)

Teaser:
I snort in response. "You'd think I'd risk my health to save your vanity?" I ask him.
 "I'm the least expressive person i know, and every time I get around you, the word-vomit just won't stop."
Rating:

_______________________________

About the book:
Max Jennings is in a bad mood. It’s not anything you did; it’s just that secrets from her past make it her natural state of being. But she’s not going to talk about it or share her feelings, so don’t bother asking.



Max’s bad mood means that very few people actually truly understand her or know that her secret dream is to be a pastry chef. When a rare opportunity to work for world-famous Avis Phillips presents itself, Max jumps at the chance. Avis and her staff aren’t stingy with the tough love, so Max spends every spare minute practicing her craft. As she bakes brownies and custards, cookies and galettes, she builds an unlikely friendship with a man she once loathed and finds herself falling into something she’s spent the last six years avoiding. Will she let her painful past stand in the way, or will she muster the strength to forgive herself and realize her full potential? 
xo,
post signature

Popular Posts