Review: Jesse Andrews' ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL

Me and Earl and the Dying GirlThis book was sooo weird but sooo real. And it was entertaining, it made me laugh. But I still don't think I really fell in love with it. I saw the trailer only after I read this book and I loved it. And I think I am going to like the film more than the book. It shall be seen. xP

There were some things that I really liked and some just weren't it for me. This book is going to be hit or miss, I believe. Um, cos I think the relatable-ness/ility factor is meandering.

This might be a minor spoiler but the author wrote this book as the protagonist writing this book and he was like this is going to be bad book and I kinda found that annoying -- well, you have to experience it yourself. I can't really explain it. This book was written in an intelligent, realistic way that will either repulse you or just encapture you. In my case it was both. :/

Greg would enlighten us with his life long lessons and well, they were funny but then again... You really have to be in the book. If you know what I mean. Gah. This book was bizarre.

A freaking different reading experience and just I think you guys should experience it as well, cos it sure is unique.

I am really excited for the movie.

Rating:


______________________
About the book:
Greg Gaines is the last master of high school espionage, able to disappear at will into any social environment. He has only one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time making movies, their own incomprehensible versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics.


Until Greg’s mother forces him to rekindle his childhood friendship with Rachel.



Rachel has been diagnosed with leukemia—-cue extreme adolescent awkwardness—-but a parental mandate has been issued and must be obeyed. When Rachel stops treatment, Greg and Earl decide the thing to do is to make a film for her, which turns into the Worst Film Ever Made and becomes a turning point in each of their lives.



And all at once Greg must abandon invisibility and stand in the spotlight.

Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts