Review | Cassandra Clare's Lady Midnight

Lady Midnight didn't really wow me like TMI and TID. I was ready to read and fall in love with the world and the characters in the first book to the TDA universe. But I was somewhat disappointed. 

These are some of the main reasons: 

  1. Emma and Julian didn't have that allure that I have come to associate with Cassie. 
  2. There was no Julian and Emma setting earlier in the book. There was only Emma and that was a bit boring. I don't know. 
  3. I didn't like all the characters POV. I didn't like Christina, Mark and Kiernan's tale. 
  4. Julian is made out to be this creature with a ruthless, wicked, calculating character but honestly I couldn't feel it through the pages and I have felt Cassie's characters earlier.  We were told all this about him but weren't really shown it.
  5. I don't like Fairy's or Fae folk so that might have been what majorly caused my dislike but dunno this book fell short for me. 
  6. Emma and Julian's storyline also felt not there. I didn't feel the feels I have come to feel with Cassie's love interests in her previous books. And I was so excited for this trope. 
But this is Cassie writing and I couldn't discontinue and I love this world of Shadowhunters and I will keep whatever she gives us as I think I might be one of the few who loves that she isn't stopping with these books set in her vast world of Demon hunting. 

Rating: 3 stars

Toodles. 

Popular Posts