Review | Cassandra Clare's LORD OF SHADOWS
Lord of Shadows made things so much better for me. It upended the game for me in this TDA world as I hadn't liked the first book that much. I got invested in the characters more dur to this awesome installment.
Psst. There are still a few things I am annoyed about still. BUT---
That ending. Those last few chapters. Raised the bars for this trilogy for me. Yaass I am willing to ignore those annoyances. Ha!
What made things interesting this around:
- I surely loved those Christina, Mark and Kiernan's chapters.
- Those cameos and details from their journey(s).
- Those last chapters.
- Kit and Ty.
- Those danger and gasp worthy moments that I felt along with the characters.
- The second half of the installment.
- The agony.
- Those Jemma moments.
- How this was a 4 star during the second half but then became a 5 star due to those last few chapters.
Rating: 5 stars
Lord of Shadows was splendid. It made me ecstatic because this is what I expected Lady Midnight to be like. This has been an exhilarating journey of a book. Can. Not. Wait for the Queen of Air and Darkness.