Anna Dressed In Blood



Goodreads Overview:
Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.
-

I can't believe I didn't read this book last year. I only read it now mid-July. I was hooked from the minute I started reading it. Would you believe it if I tell you I didn't know what this book was about I mean I had seen the hype about it last year but I never paid much attention to it. I loved the cover and I knew it had something to do with ghosts- something creepy or ghostly. What I wasn't expecting was the protagonist to be male. It's not I have something against male protagonists. I mean the cover had a girl on it so- never mind.

Most of you would have already read the book if not then Thank God I am not the only one. Sigh!

I love Kendare Blake. This is the first book I have read by her. Her first book 'Sleepwalk Society' is also pretty famous I have yet to read it.

Anna Dressed in Blood was creepy. It had me on the edge of my seat. I loved every minute of it. Kendare has wriiten so beautifully. The way she described the dead and the way Cas handled killing them. I loved every character in the book especially Anna. I didn't like the creepy stalker though. Eheh. His relationship wiht his mother and the cat is sweet and sad at the same time.

Cas is a ghost hunter or ghost killer in whatever way you want to put it. He travels a lot. I liked the way the book started. I was so looking forward to it. The way Anna was introduced in the book was awesome and I| was anticipating her meeting with Cas. When Ana spared him I was already looking forward to a 'thing' between Cas and Anna- Oh I love me a good ghost love story. Cas knew something was different about Anna as he couldn't kill her easily and also she was the first one with whom he had long chats. *eyebrows raised* (that's what I am talking about) Plus this was the only town where he made friends- Cas was so determined not to admit this fact.

Kendare described Anna so beautifully, I instantly liked her. Anna was fighting her own demons. The book progresses with us finding out about how Anna died as the events of her gruesome death had been a mystery before. Cas also comes face-to-face with his father's killer.

The book ended on a mellow note as Anna does something Cas wasn't expecting. I felt Cas's sadness over Anna.

The second book in the installment 'Girl of Nightmares' hits theatres Aug 7, 2012. I can hardly wait. The cover is awesome. Anna is calling out for us. She looks sad and alluring.

Goodreads Overview:
It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live--not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.
Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.
Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

The book is available for pre-order at Amazon, Kobo and the likes.

More Soon.
Happy Reading.
X.

Popular Posts