Review | Livia Blackburn's ROSEMARKED

I haven't read the Midnight Thief duology. I was expecting to like this based on what I had heard about Livia due to that. But I didn't like Rosemarked that much. This was 50-50 for me. 

The start was quite promising what with the healer learning venom business. In short I liked Ziva and her healer journey. But sadly that's about it. 

I didn't like the romance, the characters also were somewhat dreary. The world for me was also drab. It is a cruel and saddening world but I wasn't interested. 

This was YA but it read like MG. Or seemed MG to me. I felt the characters were more childish/childlike. 

That's all I have to say about it. I don't think I'm really into this world or it's characters. Won't be reading the next book that eagerly or I might not at all but that is mostly because I won't have time due to adulthood. 

Rating: 3 stars

Special thanks to NetGalley and the Publishers for this review copy. 

Toodles. 

Popular Posts