Paris in 'Die For Me'


Die for Me
(Revenants #1)
Amy Plum
May 10th 2011

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

Okay, I had this book on my TBR for quite a long time. Since when you ask? Right around the time I saw Amy standing with Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder holding the copies of her books. If they thought it was a good book then it must be something. Anyway, I only picked it up recently. I had read Vincent's POV of the first few chapters before I picked this up and I liked it (Kate's- not so much) . It sure piqued my interest.

When I finally started reading Die For Me- I didn't, um, feel that into it. It felt like a drag. I didn't like how Kate was. And oh yeah, I hated that full name exchange. Gosh, it was such a rip-off. I really didn't like Kate. I didn't get wowed by a single moment till half(?) of the book. Then I did start enjoying the book, um, right about the time-- I don't remember.

Kate  boiled my blood in many scenarios. There was this part where Kate was like '...he cares about me...' that was so clique or not. Ha! I remember- when Kate found out Vincent's dead body was when I was like now this is good but Kate had to go ruin those moments, too.

I loved Vincent's fam alot. They kept things interesting. I loved the whole 'volant' thingy- all that revenent business. Georgia was good to read about as well. I hated the twenty question game they played- yeah so Twilighty. But I am not gonna dislike the whole book because of some comparisons.

No, it was Kate and only Kate who made me dislike the book I should have given this book a rating of two quills but I didn't so there was something to like about in the book. I have never hated any character like this- a lead that is (oh no, I hated Reid- from Tammara Webber's Between the Lines trilogy.)

Anyway, this book was set in Paris and I love Paris. Vincent was good (whatever)but I think I like Jules and Ambrose more. Even Charlie. Charlotte a good addition along with Gaspard and Jean-Baptiste whatever. :D

Yeah, I will be reading the sequel and the final book in the trilogy.

Read it guys, you might like it more than I did- at least you guys would like Kate more than me. ^-^
Teaser Quote:
’"How about being with me, then?” Seeing him wink flirtatiously, I laughed.’
My Rating:
Lemme know what you thought about this book?
Happy Reading.


post signature

Popular Posts