Riveting 'Beautiful Darkness'

Beautiful Darkness
(Caster Chronicles #2)
 Kami Garcia 
October 12th 2010


Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.
Sometimes life-ending.
Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

 
The Caster Chronicles continue to be riveting with the second installment in the series. I didn't even realize I had missed Ethan and Lena this much. I am so in love with this series. Oh gosh. It was just perfect. I love the cover- ooh it's leading to the tunnels, right, right, right? >-<



Okay get ready, the first book is about to be spoiled. Things are outta control since Macon died. We had Lena and Ethan being distant and breaking things off. Liv- Marian's assistant was introduced in this book along with John Breed who is the main reason Lena's acting weird apart from her grief. Link is one cool friend. Ethan finds there is more to his role in the new world existing in Gatlin. Yeah, Ethan finds many new things about himself and his family. A lot was revealed in this book. The tunnels were just epically great. I love Lena's necklace. :p Link has something happen to him at the end which makes things quite interesting.. It was all just one thing after the other. This book was so happening. Such an awesome follow-up. Ridley is up to something. I am so worried about that. 

I loved Ethan's narration- his new visions. I hated it when Lena and Ethan broke things off but I was still okay. Weird, huh? I really like the books so far because so much happens that you never get bored. You are literally hooked and waiting to see what will happen next. This book was much darker than the first, what with the tunnels and incubuses.  Ethan has some weak moments with Liv... Yeah. ;)  This book was sadder than the first. I missed Lena a lot. Ridley, oh Ridley, I freaking adore her. Link has something happen to him which was kinda cool.


Well, the conclusion: I adore these books I just freaking luuurvve this series. I am dying to read the next novel but don't want the series to end (although it has already ended.) I will definitely recommend it.
Teaser Quote:

"You don't know her --"

Liv's voice dropped to a whisper. "Ethan, her eyes are gold."

My Rating:
What did you think about Beautiful Darkness? Have you read all the books? Your favorite of them all?
 Happy Reading.

post signature

Popular Posts