Yearly Favorites

 2012

This year I completed my Bachelors degree. I posted the first ever trailer reveal. I posted more this time around by following memes. :D I read a lot of books this year that made my day. It's that time of the year when you say bye bye and welcome the new year. The following are the books and series that I absolutely loved in no particular order.


The books I loved this year.

The sequel to If I Stay explored what the decision of staying behind had on the lives involved. Freaking loved this book. My thoughts can be found here and here.

 A different take on zombies. I freaking loved the zombies. My review can be found here.


This novel was so heart-warmingly hilarious. I loved all the hard core tech. Looking forward to the sequel. My review can be found here.

I surprisingly reaally really liked this book. It is full of witchcraft, love and power. My review and random thoughts.

I read this book in July and this book shook me to the core of my heart. It made my cry so hard. The only other books that made me cry was Nicholas Sparks' Message in a Bottle. I haven't written a review on it as I was to overwhelmed to even comprehend my feelings for this absolutely stunning novel. One hell of a witty novel. Just beautiful.

This absolutely sweet and refreshing book was such a good addition to my read books. It is achingly sweet and explores relationships in the French city. I am sad to tell you I also haven't reviewed this book but I have huge feelings for this book. Cute!

The companion novel to Anne and the French Kiss, this book was also achingly sweet. I am a huge fan of Stephanie due to these really cute books. <-< Anticipating Isla and the Happily After.

Read in the beginning of the year, the wait for the next book has been achingly long. A really good start to a promising series.

Other Worthy Mentions:
This cool start to a very scary new world set me off into the mind of Neal Shusterman. It was epically a great read. I was so sure I had done a review on this but I can't find the post. Maybe it was ll in my head :(

I really enjoyed this book this year. My review.
The series I adored:


I read this whole series minus a novella this month. Ehehehheh. And it is such an addicting series. That series is Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent. I love Tod. When the Sabine drama enfolded I was like Kaylee ditch Nash just hook up with Tod. :D It's about banshees. So cool!

Final book in The Infernal Devices Trilogy
5th book in The Immortal Instruments Series


The other series that I absolutely love is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. And the next series is the prequel series to TMI which is The Infernal Devices. Both of these series are super awesome with good swoon-worthy guys. The girls in the books are damsels but can be bad-asses at the right time. Aw, how I love Jace and Will and Jem. I dunno what it is about these series that capture our essence. ^-^ I am anticipating the next books in both the series. Oooh, also excited about the movie.

Upcoming 4th book in the Covenant Series

Third book in the Lux Series
The fourth series that I absolutely loved was Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series. My reviews on the first two books can be found here. My short review on Opal can be found here. The next series is also by her. It's her Covenant Series.

The final book in The Caster Chronicles
 The sixth series that made way into my heart is the Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I have only read the first two books and I am so in love with this supremely dark and beautiful world. I shouldn't really count this as a favorite of the year but whatever I really like it and I know I will love the last two books. ^-^

The last book in The Immortal Beloved Trilogy
 The next series is the Immortal Beloved trilogy by the beloved Cate Tiernan. I have read the first two books in the trilogy and i absolutely fell in love with the characters.

Other Worthy Mentions:
The Final book in A Ghost and the Goth Trilogy
The Ghost and The Goth trilogy by Stacey Kade was an enjoyable series to read this year.

The third book in The Cambion Series. To be released next year.
Also, Shannon Dermott's Cambion books were also enjoyable.
The 6th book in the Demon Kissed books
I can't not mention Demon Kissed by H.M Ward. My love for the earlier books can be found here.

What books and/or series made it into your favorite list for year 2012????

Happy Holidays.

Best of luck for the coming year.
Toodles.
Happy Reading.

P.S. Keep a lookout for the post on favorite covers of the year from the books I read.

 post signature

Popular Posts