Monthly Wrap-Up #11


The month of June is about to end. It's the last day of the month which means time to wrap-up the reads for the month. I upped my reading as the month progressed and that was due to participation in the 30 Day Reading Challenge on YouTube/Twitter. Another Update post is coming up for that. 
I sadly didn't do that well in increasing the page count for the challenge the second week as I didn't get round to much. I managed to read only the three books from my assigned TBR while the rest were from the assigned books for the 30 Day Read. xP And some other this and that reads. :p 
Then, in the last four days of June I decided to take part in the Debut-A-Thon Challenge hosted by Amber at AmberofBooks. I failed to complete my reading goals for that challenge. I feel like I am in a slump. I only read Splintered for the Debut-A-Thon and did a little reading for the 30 Day Read. :(

These were the books I read for the month of June:


Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr and its sequel Radiant Shadows. Book 3 & 4 in the Wicked Lovely Series. I felt like Fragile Eternity made me not regret the deicision to buy these books as the first two books were not that good for my reading ego. I loved Fragile Eternity. Radiant Shadows was also better than the first two but I still think Fragile is my favortie so far. There is one more to read for this series. I haven't bought it yet. Once I read that I will post a collective series review. I gave Fragile Eternity 5 stars and Radiant Shadows 4 stars. 

In the New-Adult categories I read The Hazards of Skinny Dipping by Alyssa Rose Ivy, Let It Go by Brooklyn James, Faking It by Diane Alberts, By Referral Only (review copy) by Lyla Payne and Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout.


I picked up The Hazards of Skinny Dipping thinking it would be a light fun read. Boy, was I wrong? God, I did not like this book. I like the transitional type-font on the cover. I felt this book was trying too hard to make it seem genuine. It felt like a lot of stories were ripped off in here. Gave this book 2 stars on goodreads. I will not recommend this book. 
Let It Go was another disappointing read. I picked this up without any particular reason. Just wanted another addition to my New-Adult books. ;) I don't quite remember what happened in this. I gave it 2 stars. This is also not recommended by me. 
Faking It seemed fake to me. I didn't like the whole scenario created. None of the characters left a mark on me. Gave this 2 stars as well. :-/ I won't be reviewing these three books.

I had signed up for the Release Launch Day of By Referral Only by Lyla Payne and for that I was given an ARC. I will be reviewing this on Release Day which is July 2nd. I somewhat enjoyed the world created by Layla n this. I appreciated the female lead's idea behind the website. Gave this 3.5 stars. 
You all know how I adore Jennifer Armentrout. Obsession by her was another excellent addition of books by her. This book was set in the world of the Luxen Series. I simply flew through this book. This book just made me want to devour the contents of this. I am so dreading the events in Origin which is the next book in the Luxen Series.  Gave this 5 out of 5 stars. (:

For the 30 Day Read, I managed to tackle all the previous books I had got in exchange of reviews. I read 5 out of those 6. Yayy. I will be reviewing all of these in the upcoming month.


I finally read Fix By Force by Jason Warne. This was a short read and the writing was such that made reading it easy. It dealt with the substance abuse.  I gave this book 3.5 stars.
The Blemished by Sarah Dalton was a jump into the world where genetically engineered Humans lived alongside normal humans with imperfections. I enjoyed this world of GMO's. It was a cool uptake in the sci-fi genre. I gave this 3.5 stars. 


The Changelings by Elle Casey was such a surprising read. It was a survival book with a fiesty, smart-mouthed Female protagonist. I liked this one. Undecided between a 3.25 and a 3.5 star rating. :-/ 
You Are Mine Janeal Falor was June BOTM for a goodreads group and we were given this book in exchange of an honest review by the author. This book was also engaging but then it was not once the mistreatings against women was revealed. This book won't be liked by strong feminists. This book dealt with warlocks. I gave this 3 stars.



Another book that dealt with witchcraftery was A Discovery of Witches. I enjoyed this book greatly. I sooo sooo loved this book. This was a huge book. I fell for the world crafted by Deborah. I can't wait to review this book. Gave this 4 stars. 
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer was such a cool addition to The Lunar Chronicles. I liked this more than Cinder. A very wellwritten mesh of both Cinder and Scarlet's lives. I freaking enjoyed this. 5 stars.
Splintered was the last read for the month of June. I read this for the Debut-A-Thon Challenge. It was surprisingly a pleasuring read. The creative retelling of Alice in the Wonderland was much appreciated. Just great. 5 freaking stars.

I read 14 books for June which is cool. D:
The 30 Day Read made me tackle lots of books and I am really happy.

What books did you guys get to read? Also, how is the 30 Day Read going??

Toodles.
Happy Reading.

P.S. I made a new banner for ze blog plus a new Monthly Wrap-Up botton! How do you like 'em?? ;p
post signature

Popular Posts