Review: Becky Albertalli's SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli I finished reading this fabulously cute book a few minutes ago. But before I start talking about this cute book I will apologize for a long absence from the blog and elsewhere.. I have been sick for the past two weeks.. :( I am feeling quite better now and have been gradually trying to take control of my (blogging) life and in general. LOL.

Well, now that that is out of the way. Let's talk Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. Dude, this is such a long title.. Okay, so I was hooked right from the first line...

It's a weirdly subtle conversation. I almost don't notice I'm being blackmailed.
I was hooked. It was such a little curious reading experience. It was funny in a subtle way. It was adorable, full out adorable. And ah, it made me soo giddy and so interested. Okay, so, I kinda guessed about Blue but then I forgot all about who I thought it was cos I forgot that was who I thought it was. LOL. I am not making any sense. So, I guess I am saying I am saying that I was surprised, kinda when it was all revealed. Due to my own forgetfulness. LOL.

I loved loved the characters. Simon was freaking adorable, then the email exchanges were flipping ethereal and fun and sweet and just real. And Blue, Abby, Leah, Nick, Garrett then Simon's crushes and his exchange with the random college guy. And drunk Simon. And ah, loved the sisters. That concert thingy with the girl bands, loved it.

So I guess I am trying to say is that this was completely sweet and fun and adorable and just plain wonderful. And it was all worth the hype and I am glad I loved it so much. I loved the way it was freaking written. It didn't bore me one bit. Loved it. Ah. GAH. GAH. GAH. Such a good book with meaningful characters and with a general  deepness to it.

I was all smiles when I finished it. And that is proof worthy of how excellent it was for ze feels. Teheh.

Oh, the HP references-- freaking loved them. xP

Teaser:
Rating: [4.5 stars] 

Have you read it? If you have let's discuss. GAH.
___________________________
About the book:
Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met. 
_________________________

Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts