Review: C. Lee Mckenzie's SUDDEN SECRETS

Sooo, my reading experience was saddening in regards to the story-line and characters. :/

Sudden Secrets by C. Lee McKenzieThis could have been soo good but I kinda lost interest because of how attracted Cleo was for the hot popular guy and then for the other guy so suddenly. *pun unintended* And that whole neighbor business. Like I know Cleo was trying to find that solid ground between her family and all that but I dunno I just-- the whole plot fell freaking flat for me.

I was so interested in the beginning but as the story progressed I lost sight. Like that whole mystery didn't really-- like there was no need for all that interfering in peoples business stuff. I can understand some of her actions cos of her fam situation but well, still, not completely sold out on it.

And don't get me started on the characters. I was kinda annoyed with Cleo most of the time. Cos of all that dating business.

I did love Cleo's grandpa and that pet snake. And the metaphors were kinda nice.

Anyway, this book was a-okay for me. :(

Teaser: Rudy went to Grandpa and helped him out of his draped boa, putting Clyde around his own neck. Clyde settled in by slowly slipping around him, then coiling into his lap when Rudy sat at the table again.
Okay. That's the pet snake Clyde. Gosh. 

Rating:

I would like to thank the author for this reviewing chance.
________________
About the book:

One Secret 


Cleo has struggled to heal after her baby sister's death, but the flashbacks to the accident won't go away. With the move, she vows to keep her tragedy a secret and avoid pitying looks. 



One Mystery 



Something's strange about the abandoned house across the street-flashes of light late at night and small flickers of movement that only someone looking for them would see.



Everyone says the house is deserted, but Cleo is sure it isn't, and she's sure whoever is inside is watching her. 



Another Secret 



In one night, Belleza's life changes forever. So famous, her only choice is to hide her secret from the world so she can silence small town bigotry.



Then Cleo happens.
_______________
Toodles.

post signature

Popular Posts