Breathtaking and Cinematic 'Prodigy'



Prodigy
Legend #2
Marie Lu
January 29th 2013

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long. 

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?
In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.


Firstly, I will post my goodreads thoughts down below as they were right after I read this fantabulous book.
"Omg. I am on the verge of tears. That ending. Even if I forget the ending for a while- this book. Gah! It was abso-freaking-lutely fantastic. Just amazing. Loved loved loved it. It was action packed- kept me anticipating w what could happen next. My emotions are all over the place right now. Ah. God. Marie Lu, you are amazing. And you did a great job in writing this. Utterly amazing. I want to re read the two books in this series again."
So, this was just give you guys a gist of my feelings and all. I liked this installment more than Legend. I was actively anticipating the bearings of this book. A lot went down in this edition. This book didn't focus on the love story but more on the happenings in the major plot of the book. The love story was heart-wrenching in itself. I am heartbroken over that ending. Like seriously. Gosh. I liked Anden although I thought I would not. I really liked what went down in this book. I love June. I love Day. Both of them are such sweet hearts. I love how June wasn't a distressed girl. She owned up to her fierceness and did not waver once. I am referring to the last bits of the book. I liked how she would not cry. She accepted whatever was thrown her way with her head held high. I liked that about her. I liked how she had difficulty diverting from her principles- like she was questioning everything and not going in blindsided. I might be coherent in my thoughts. But I just admired this book a lot.

Challenge: A - Z Challenge + Universal Challenge

Teaser Quote:
"I blink. My throat hurts; my vision swims in haze of light."
Rating:


post signature

Popular Posts