Weekend Fave(s) #13


I only got to read two books over the weekend. The fantastic Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare and The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson.

I have already expressed my feelings for Clockwork Princess here. I freaking loved this amazing book. I had soaring emotions while reading the book and they stayed with me after ending this fab tale. sigh

I began reading The Name of the Star when the #nosreadalong was happening. Haha. But I couldn't get round to finishing it due to uni work and also I would ditch it for other reads. Now I did get the chills from reading this. Like serial killers can be creepy. I liked Rory and Jazza. Even Boo and Alistair. Callum was ok. I want a potential relation between Rory and him if I will read the next book. :p So, the downfall for me- I didn't like the ghost business. Yeah, it was kinda genius that the famous Jack the Ripper doppelganger (in actions) was well from the paranormal. But it didn't do it for me. So, I gave this book a 3.25 rating. I did enjoy the book otherwise. I was expecting something else from all that build-up. 
The winner is clear for the weekend.

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.

What books did you read over the weekend?
Toodles.

 post signature

Popular Posts