The Beautiful Ending - 'Clockwork Princess'

Clockwork Princess
The Infernal Devices #3
Cassandra Clare
March 19, 2013

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.


First of all, I love this cover. Second, I love this series. Third, I loved this epic conclusion to the series. This book was... Beautiful. Yes, it was beautiful. I got teary while reading the last few chapters. Not only the last chapters- my heart was screwed around with throughout the book. I loved how Cassie handled the love triangle.  I didn't see that coming. And I still am reeling from the shock of it all. I cried when I learned about Will. And Jem. 

The characters in this book were, gah, adorable. I loved how she incorporated Gideon and Gabriel- I admire the way Cassie handled all the characters. She finished the series with a tight notch sealing the fates of every one BEAUTIFULLY. The bickering between the Herondale siblings was really cheery and refreshing. The characters in the book- every single one of them had a purpose and they fulfilled it and came out soaring. Sometimes, in books, there are some characters that are just there to fill in spaces but no this book- this series on the whole had characters that were full of meaning and purpose.

This book featured tempered happiness as well as such overwhelming grief that will reel you withered in a good way. Eheh. :-/  I am shocked that is all I have to say. I am sad, too, to see this series come to an end. But I think there was no other way to end it. 

I am now looking forward to the sixth book in The Immortal Instruments- the sequel to this prequel series The Infernal Devices and also her sequel series to TMI  The Dark Artifices and the spin-off of TID- The Bane Chronicles.

Plus, let's not forget the City of Bones movie coming out in August. 


Teaser Quote:
"He held them up. He remembered the fire, the white-hot agony of it, and more than anything else Tessa’s face."
My Rating:

What did you think about Clockwork Princess?

post signature

Popular Posts