Favorite Chapters #3

I recently read these. Clockwork Collar and Mara Dyer were for the yearly TBR and also the color parade in the former case. I gave Clockwork Collar and The Book Thief four stars. Whereas Mara Dyer got 5 stars.

    

I had had The Book Thief in my TBR for such a long time and then the movie recently came out and I wanted to see it and so i finally read the book so i could see the movie. I liked the book but i still got bored while i was reading it. I loved how Liesel was with the books- when she first saw the library it was how i am in the library or the book store. I loved the writing in this one. Some really wonderful passages. And I will admit I didn't cry during the book but i did feel my heart clench at that last passage with Death and his last words were haunting. (pun intended??) I highlighted so many scenes. I wish I had seen the movie first though. I think I would have seriously enjoyed this book more then. I liked Death in this one. And poor Rudy. I felt the book was veryy long. I was so glad I was done with it. My exact rating is 3.75 stars which rounds up to four stars.
Teaser:


The Girl in the Clockwork Collar is the second book in the Steampunk Chronicles by Kady Cross. I freaking love this genre. I love the covers and the titles in this series. I am glad I am following this series. They are filled with steampunk element obviously eheh and with kick-ass female leads. I had read the first book back in 2012 believe so I remembered stuff but things were a bit hazy. I caught on stuff once I progressed with the story. I like the fact that these books are action packed and fast paced. I don't really like Griffin and or Jack. But I think I like Griffin more than I like Jack. I like Finley and poor Mei. It would be cool lol Jasper got a team as well. I liked him in this one quite much. Sam and Emily were a pleasure as always. That whole Aether monster thingy was really cool. I cant wait to find more about this whole scene.
Teaser:


I have been wanting to read Mara Dyer for such a long time but I was putting it off. Well, I finally read it and I couldn't stop. This book was such a page turner. At first I didn't like the fact that Noah Shaw was British. Well, anyway, I started falling for him slowly as he came more and more into the picture. I loved the ending. All I can say is I am ready for more Mara Dyer. This book had my gasping many a times. I liked how Mara was losing it. Poor Mara. When the crazy stuff was happening it was just damn crazy but I love the normal moments Mara could manage to get. My heart goes out for her. Get on with this series if you haven't already. I have so many fav passages in this one. 
Teaser:

Happy Reading.
Toodles.
post signature

Popular Posts