Monthly Wrap-Up #23



July was a good reading month as usual. I read a total of 18 books. 

Total no. of books read: 18
Assigned TBR books: 3
Finished series: 2
Started new series: 6
The next in series: 3
Other(s): 6

The Night Circus by Erin MorgensternShadow of Night by Deborah HarknessCrown of Midnight by Sarah J. MaasWe Were Liars by E. LockhartThe Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Rated:

Read all of these. Totally don't miss out on them. CoM was plain fabulous and I can't wait for Heir of Fire. WWL was just getting frustrating and then bam it was just sad. TNC was mind-blowingly good. SoN was sooo achingly good. SLP was just enthralling.

Awkwardly Ever After by Marni BatesBlood Red Road by Moira YoungGrave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Rated:

Enjoyed these reads. Read them. AEA was a fine conclusion to a very fun series. Will miss the cast. DL: BRR was a very good intro to a very dangerous world. Curious to continue on with the journey. GM was an amazing assassin book, also the experience of the audio book was thrilling.

Beach House Memories by Mary Alice MonroeFree to Fall by Lauren   MillerSummer of Yesterday by Gaby TrianaThe DUFF by Kody KeplingerLinked by Imogen HowsonMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom RiggsPathfinder by Orson Scott Card
Rated:

These were okay. Venture on your own volition. I liked BHM for its environmental cause- saving turtles and their habitats. FTF features a dangerous and scary plot as in the idea of our dependency of tech and there are chances it will happen to us or what if it already is. SoY was surprisingly good. I liked how it featured this theme park that was shut down. I didn't know TDUFF would be this serious. I am waiting for the movie adaptation. It will be good. Linked was a-okay. MPHfPC was quite a disappointment. I liked it for its time loop concept majorly as it was unexpected. Pathfinder had a lot of potential and it did it for me. But I think I read it quite quickly and I skimmed through most of it. so can't really tell you anything about it. I liked the whole concept though.

Vampire University by V.J. EricksonReboot by Amy TinteraRebel by Amy Tintera
Rated:

Gah. Total failure for me. These just weren't for me. Had lotsa potential.

Reviewed:
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children
Reboot
Linked
Shadow of Night
The Night Circus
Summer of Yesterday (one-line :p)

Happy Reading.
post signature

Popular Posts