Awesome - Immortal Beloved

Immortal Beloved
Immortal Beloved #1
Cate Tiernan
September 7th 2010

Nastasya has spent the last century living as a spoiled, drugged-out party girl. She feels nothing and cares for no one. But when she witnesses her best friend, a Dark Immortal, torture a human, she realizes something's got to change. She seeks refuge at a rehab for wayward immortals, where she meets the gorgeous, undeniably sexy Reyn, who seems inexplicably linked to her past.

Nastasya finally begins to deal with life, and even feels safe--until the night she learns that someone wants her dead.

Cate Tiernan, author of the popular Sweep series, returns with an engaging story of a timeless struggle and inescapable romance, the first book in a stunning new fantasy trilogy.
I really enjoyed this book. It was written so nicely. I loved Nastaya- she was one witty heroine. Her attitude towards everything was laid-back.Sometimes I felt embarrassed for her. I love the cover. I devoured this book and its characters. 

The book started with a killer line. I was excited to read this.It is one of those books you go in without having any expectations whatsoever but the minute you read it, you are like '...Whoa, why didn't I read this before?..'

Now, let's talk about the plot. It had a very good plot- a very good story line with strong characters. I seriously felt afraid of Incy. The names of the characters, whoa, seriously, I can imagine immortals having such names. I really liked them.The story follows Nastaya, an immortal girl four hundred and fifty years old who spends all of her time partying with her friends Incy, Kate and Boz. She finds herself awakening from her daily stupor when Incy cripples a cabbie for mere reasons. She flees from her friends and Incy and takes shelter with a woman named River whom she met in the 1920's. River's Edge is a special home for people like her trying to find some rightness in their lives. She struggles daily trying to find herself and what she really wants with her life. She struggles to the point that she leaves River's Edge only to come back to really try this time. There is something really important about Nastasya- she is the sole heiress of one of the most powerful magical family. The immortals in this fantac tale are trying to rid themselves of the Terävä (darkness) and become Tähti. She faces danger to her life and she fears Incy is out to get her, She tries anyway and even gets a job and for the first ever knows contentment. She also deals with a crush for Reyn (the Viking God) with whom she shares a very heart-wrenching history. At the end she finds who really is after her and that she finally belongs somewhere.

I loved every character in this epic tale of immortality. Nastasya- Nasty to her friends was just so funny to listen to. She really wanted to be a better person. She was sweet and trying to put herself out there for others. Reyn was, well, mysterious. River and the other teachers were good to read about as well. Nell was just fake and shady. Meriwether and Dray were also good additions to Nasty's life. The emotions people felt were shown really nicely. I loved that particular vision Nasty had of Incy. That was creepy. *shudders*When I finished reading this I was just crazy to kniow what would happen in the next boook when Incy finds her. 

That was before the post I wrote previously got lost. I hadn't read the second (review on that coming soon) installment at that time. Now that I have well I am more excited for the last book in this really good series.

I will definitely recommend this book to people if they want to read an immortal story narrated by a lovely Nasty. (:
Teaser Quote:


“Yes. Reyn is our resident horse master. He has an excellent seat."
I grinned. "I've noticed."
Reyn's face tightened and Nell flushed, looking embarrassed. "It's an equestrian term."
"Really? I thought you were talking about his ass.”
My Rating:

Have you read Immortal Beloved? Or any other book by Cate? What did you think of it?
Happy Reading.

 post signature

Popular Posts