Scrambled Up 'Zombies Don't Cry'

Zombies Don't Cry
(Living Dead Love Story #1)
Rusty Fischer
May 1st 2011

Maddy Swift is just a normal girla high school junior surviving class with her best friend and hoping the yummy new kid, Stamp, will ask her out. When he finally does, her whole life changes.

Sneaking out to meet Stamp at a party one rainy night, Maddy is struck by lightning. After awakening, she feels lucky to be alive. Over time, however, Maddy realizes that she
s become the thing she and everyone else fear most: the living dead.

With no heartbeat and no breath in her lungs, Maddy must learn how to survive as a zombie. Turns out there
s a lot more to it than shuffling around 24/7 growling, Brains. Needing an afterlife makeover is only the beginning of her problems. As Barracuda Bay High faces zombie Armageddon, Maddy must summon all of her strength to protect what matters mostjust as soon as she figures out exactly what that is.


I really wanted to like this book. But sadly I only found it okay. At times I felt bombarded with Maddy's thoughts or whatever you wanna call her clammoring about. The idea behind how the zombies were made was cool. They got zombified by lightening strikes. Ha! How cool is that? Two categories of zombies were mentioned: the good zombies and the Zerkers. The Zerkers were turned by the original zombies that were formed by lightening strikes. I didn't like any of the guys in the book. And the lead fell in love really quickly with both the guys. Like, what?? :D
I liked Dane's sister, though. The leads Dad was so stupid, he was eating freaking brains and he was like '...the sushi's great...' The whole town was in a turmoil as disapperances had occured. The lead's bestie- gosh hated her. I don't remember much about the book. I freaking did not like the book. I went into the book thinking I would at least like it. Anyway, if you like getting ambushed by constant chattering of Maddy in the form of her thoughts, then, read the book. Don't read the book thinking you will enjoy the book if you are bored. It will only piss you off. Anyway, I only speak for myself.
Recommended for kids aged 12 and up I guess.

I know for sure I won't be following the series as I didn't like the ending nor the main people in the book.

This book was read for my Zombie Challenge (links in my 'The Challenges' blog page) and also for the Lovers of Paranormal Group Challenge for the month of October on goodreads.

Have you read this book? How did you like it?

Happy Reading.

post signature

Popular Posts