Explosive 'Deity'

Deity
Covenant 3  
Jennifer L. Armentrout
November 6th 2012

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time.”

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
I wish I had written this right after I finished reading the book so you could have seen how bombarded I was with what I felt about the book but I couldn't at that time due to my exams. :-/ I have written this post so many times in my head. My feelings about the book and what I went through while reading it. I hope I can make my love for this book reach my words. This books was a huge, no scratch that, an explosive roller-coaster ride. It had all the twists and turns and unexpected at that (almost the major ones at least) I seriously didn't see them coming. Alex, our fierce protagonist, was getting mixed feelings about Seth- his true intentions. As can be sensed from the blurb Seth is trying to awaken her early. But Alex shakes those feelings as she is still recovering from her friend, Caleb's death plus is avoiding her friends. So many things happened in this freaking installment. Seriously, it was just  kaboom- one thing after another. New alliances were revealed. Some betrayals in the bag as well and some Greek God appearances with that. I loved Leon after his little secret was revealed and the reaction by Alex and the others. Haha. Deacon, Luke, Lexi were some good folks to read about as well. Some super shocking moments that will leave your jaw hanging are a major part of this installment. I am seriously disappointed by Seth in this book but I still have hope for him. I can't just change teams. But I love Aiden. Anyway, Alex had to make some huge decisions in this book and she went with her gut feeling and was saddened by the consequences. Just like always this book was filled with quirky and some action packed moments. I was so glad Elixir- Aiden POV novella- sequel to Deity was released as well or I would have literally died. I freaking love Jennifer L. Armentrout. This was a killer sequel.

Teaser Quote:

'He opened his eyes. A light that had never been there before glowed from behind them.
Seth smiled.'
Now to mush up all my thoughts about the series after reading this book and Elixir. I love this series and JLA more and more. I am anxiously waiting to find out what will happen in Apollyon the fourth book in the series. JLA released a teaser form the next book, oh freaking daimon babies, (LOL, I always wanted to try this), it was fantac. April 2013 can't come any earlier.

If you still haven't read the first three books, start following this series to get cajoled into the messed up and some what nice lives of Alex, Aiden and Seth  and some other freaking awesome people till the final book in the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. And then read this freaking book. You won't be disappointed.

To the already following fans of this series, who haven't read this yet. Get ready for one explosive roller coaster ride. JLA killed it with this installment. Abso-bloody-lutely fantastic.

For those who have already read the book. What did you think about it?

Toodles.
Happy Reading.

 P.S. There are so many moments that I liked in this book I wish I could just scream out my love for those moments and this book. :p
post signature

Popular Posts