Review: Marissa Meyer's FAIREST

Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Book Summary:
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
_______________________

Hey, so I wasn't really excited to read Fairest that much as it was Levana's  story but then I had to read it as it is a bridge between the third and last book. 

But you guys, how wrong I was to not be excited about it-- I absolutely loved it. It was sad, illuminating, revealing, fast-paced and gripping normal sized novel... :p

So, this book was pretty sad. Like I want to sympathize with Levana but it's just I cant because she was too blinded by her ugliness and love for power and what not-- she seriously ruined so many lives. And I know if she didn't have sibling problems, it would have been much better but she could have trusted the guy she loved more. But then again it is all contradictory and well Levana is the evil Queen. 

I seriously loved Winter's dad sooo much. And seeing baby versions of Selene and Winter and Jacin was also appreciated. 

And that ending was freaking sad-- it was emotional. The whole book in fact made me want to do something-- -to go shake Levana and push some sense into her. My heart broke many a times reading this book. :(

Sooooo, loved the darker and more twisted tones of this fairly lengthened novel. 

I haven't read the Winter excerpt given at the end... I am taking my time with it. LOL. As I just couldn't get Fairest outta my head. 

Loved the writing and the despair it made me feel. 

Winter is 800 pages long and it is going to be epic. The course has been set, it's the final chapter and it is going to be massively amazing.

Teaser:

Rating:



xxo
post signature

Popular Posts