Review: Sarah M. Ross's NEVER GONNA TELL

Never Gonna Tell
About the Book:
My name is Reagan Wilcox: high school senior by day, kick-ass investigative journalist by night. I’ve always loved observing people—especially when they think no one is paying attention.

I thought I was ready to cover any story. Work any angle.

Nothing could have prepared me for what happened that night. I wasn’t ready for what I saw. And I certainly wasn’t ready for him.

I always knew I’d write the headlines. Now, I just might become one.
______________________

Sooooo, YA thrillers/suspense's can be tricky. You can't be that expansive with it. Whereas with adult thrillers/suspense's you can play around and be more dark and twisted.

So, I don't really like YA thrillers... Haven't had that good of an experience with it. The most recent YA thriller I read was Becca Fitzpatrick Black Ice and I din't like it that much either. 

Well, it didn't knock my socks off like I was told it will. And I am glad it is a stand-alone. I was interested in the beginning but my interest waned when I continued with the story for two major reasons: firstly, I wasn't that into the attraction between the two leads. Secondly, the whole alley scene and then her getting found out-- didn't believe it. 

I didn't like her clique friends either-- and overall, I didn't have that many problems with Reagan but only when she would get all into Marco. So, I think I would have liked this more if it had been a simple contemporary with a cute girl-meets-boy story and not a romantic suspense. Cos, suspense cant' always work out for people. And that kinda killed the romantic aspect for me in this case.  

As for the writing, it was quite catchy-- I read this in two sittings. I did want to read it. It's just that it didn't work out for me all that good. :/ 

Also, I didn't like how it got all NA territory. :/

Teaser:
Rating:

Thanks to the author and Ink Slinger PR for this review copy.

For the release day event, click here.

xxo.
post signature

Popular Posts