Review: Rachel Hawkins' REBEL BELLE

Rebel Belle by Rachel HawkinsHarper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.
_____________________________
I have read her previous trilogy and had quite enjoyed the first book in that trilogy but for the rest I had kinda lost that charm for the trilogy. I have even read the spin-off and I was okay about that as well.

Finally, Rebel Belle brought back that wittiness, that snarky-ness, that adorableness that I found missing in her books after having read Hex Hall.

I have always loved Rachel's fiesty female protagonists... And Harper was no different. She was fun, sassy, girly and bad-ass. David was also freaking cute and a typical nerdy chracter but it was required nerdiness-- really loved their banter and everything in between and after. Tehe.

Had so much fun reading this book, I was literally shouting after every major scene oh my god, this is so fun, or soo good to anyone who would listen (basically my sister who had  read the book before me and she was in the  room with me. :p)LOL. Like I was literally LOL or just amazed. Loved the PLOT. Ah, it was unbelievingly ridiculous but good. :p

The ending was a bit typical but nonetheless I am still excited for Miss Mayhem. Woot. It comes out April 7.

So, read for some fun-ness. Some supernatural fun!! ;)

Teaser:
(LOL. This scene was hilariously cool. :D)
Rating:
Happy Reading.
post signature

Popular Posts