Review: Marissa Meyer's CRESS

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Book Summary:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
 


______________________

I finally got to this instalment. Woot. It was good but I think I liked Scarlet more. 

Cress introduced us to a retelling of the ever famous long haired girl Repumzal... And I loved her. She was so cool and plain adorable. Her prince was Thorne (who can be pretty funny). But I think Thorne's and Cress's moments were too less. I would have liked more interactions if you what I mean. But as you can see there are three couples to deal with and the overall plot as well.. so I need to be satisfied with what I was given as it was enough

Jacin seemed cool and after reading Fairest I'm freaking excited.

Loved those Kai and Cinder moments. 

Love all the couples overall but more excited for Wolf and Scar's story. Also, Jacin and Winter after that glimpse of Winter. She was whoa... 

Cress was certainly more darker than the previous instalments. 

Really loved IKO. She is adorable. LOL. Those Jacin and IKO interactions and IKO's excitement and goodness... Love these guys. Love these characters. Love this series. Love Marissa Meyer. Gosh.

Things ended at a dreadful note in terms of Scarlet. But things were sort of shaping up for Cinder and the gang. If I say so myself to be optimistic. :p Ah, soo excited. 

More excited now after having read Fairest. Next review for that coming right up. 

Teaser:
(LOL. This scene. Hilarious.)
Rating:

Toodle-doo.
xxo

post signature

Popular Posts